Hilong double-shoulder thread connection, HLIDS series
Information about the product
HLIDS® is a series of double-shoulder tool joints with high torsional strength for drilling pipes that have been developed on the basis of HLDS®. These joints are applied for drilling in severe conditions, such as in deep wells, horizontal wells, extended-reach wells, in sulfur-containing environment, etc.
In comparison with API tool joints, HLIDS® tool joints have the following peculiar features:
- Double-shoulder structure;
- Smooth reduction of inner diameter;
- Interchangeability with API tool joints and double-shoulder tool joints produced by main manufacturers of drilling pipes.
- High torsional strength: the torsional strength is 20–50% higher than that of the equivalent API tool joints;
- Providing torsional strength:
- it is possible to increase the inner diameter;
- it is possible to reduce the outer diameter;
- High fatigue resistance, which extends service life;
- Reduction of cases of trapped oil-well cement and drill cuttings.
HLIDS® series includes types HLIDS®26, HLIDS®31, HLIDS®38, HLIDS®40, HLIDS®46, HLIDS®50, HLIDS®5 1/2FH, HLIDS®6 5/8FH, etc. and covers drilling pipes of all steel grades and specifications from 2 3/8″ to 6 5/8″.
Specification and parameters