Hilong double-shoulder thread connection, HLDS series
Information about the product
HLDS® is a series of first-generation double-shoulder tool joints with high torsional strength for drilling pipes that have been independently developed by Hilong.
HLDS® is a series of first-generation double-shoulder tool joints with high torsional strength for drilling pipes that have been independently developed by Hilong. In comparison with API tool joints, HLDS® tool joints have the following peculiar features:
- Double-shoulder structure;
- Smooth reduction of inner diameter;
- Interchangeability with API tool joints.
- High torsional strength: the torsional strength is 20–50% higher than that of the equivalent API tool joints;
- Providing torsional strength:
- it is possible to increase the inner diameter;
- it is possible to reduce the outer diameter;
- High fatigue resistance, which extends service life;
- Reduction of cases of trapped oil-well cement and drill cuttings.
HLDS® series includes types HLDS®26, HLDS®31, HLDS®38, HLDS®40, HLDS®46, HLDS®50, HLDS®5 1/2FH, HLDS®6 5/8FH, etc. and covers drilling pipes of all steel grades and specifications from 2 3/8″ to 6 5/8″.
Specification and parameters