C230 threaded connection is the newest development of the ChelPipe Group specialists in the area of premium threaded connections.
Threaded coupling connection, Ø114–178 mm
Lift string, production string, liners, tail pipes, heavy-wall production string, heavy-wall intermediate string, high-pressure hydraulic fracturing, water injection, steam-injection wells, rotation while cementing
C230 is a tight coupling connection for casing with a patented contour type seal profile.
The innovative design of the seal in combination with the Buttress trapezoidal thread ensures high tightness of the connection under combined loads. The special design of the pin tip provides for the radial stiffness, which guarantees the retention of tightness under extreme tensile loads (even in case of shoulders opening), and also ensures high compressive operational efficiency.
In oil and gas wells, the С230 thread connection ensures gas tightness under the following ultimate loads:
- External pressure—100% as per API5C3;
- Internal pressure—100% of pipe body;
- Tensile load—100% of pipe body;
- Compressive load—100% of pipe body;
- Dogleg severity—up to 52°/100 ft (depending on the standard size).
- Hydrostatic internal pressure testing; static gas (nitrogen) internal pressure testing for gas tightness; dynamic (thermal cycling) testing for gas tightness comprising 100 cycles of changing water temperature in a test bath from +20 to +90°С (with bending load of 13.1°/10 m), Gazprom VNIIGAZ OOO, Moscow.
- Hydrostatic internal pressure testing; static gas (nitrogen) internal pressure testing for gas tightness; dynamic (thermal cycling) testing for gas tightness comprising 100 cycles of changing water temperature in a test bath from +20 to +90°С (with bending load of 17.1°/10 m), Gazprom VNIIGAZ OOO, Moscow.
- Ultimate make-up torque testing, Weatherford, Orenburg;
- Series A bench testing as per ISO 13679-2002, 100% circle VME, TU ITEG, Clausthal;
- Series B bench testing as per ISO 13679-2002, with bending of 20°/100ft, with the additional bending level of up to 52°/100ft, TU ITEG, г. Clausthal;
- Series C bench testing as per ISO 13679-2002, TU ITEG, Clausthal.
- Patented contour type seal profile providing the retention of gas tightness under combined and reversal loads as compared to widespread metal-to-metal seal types;
- Special design of the pin tip provides for ultra-high ultimate make-up torque;
- Easy and quick make-up due to the abrupt taper and enhanced profile of the thread;
- Negative angle of the load flank in combination with optimized design of the seal and shoulder provides for the retention of gas tightness under dogleg severity of up to 52°/100ft;
- Additional protection against damage during the make-up, maintenance, and transportation due to the remoteness of the sealing area from pipe end face;
- Pocket for spreading the excessive thread-sealing grease;
- Internal flushness.
ChelPipe Prime C230. Technical data sheet (working connection only)
ChelPipe Prime C230. Strength properties of pipes